The purpose of Serena del Mar is to guarantee quality of life, not only to those who live, study or work in the dream city, but to contribute, as it has been doing, to the environment in which the project is developed. To achieve this, it is based on three pillars, which are what guide each of the steps that are taken in this process:
Planned for the future
Serena del Mar has been planned for more than a decade by national and international experts who have turned it into a modern city and adequately conceived to guarantee the quality of life of its inhabitants and their environment.
Integrated to nature
Serena del Mar achieves a healthy integration between the natural landscapes that surround it and the real estate developments that make it up, since its design is based on respect for the natural attributes of the territory
With opportunities for all
In the Dream City, people and their quality of life are the starting point, it is for this reason that Serena del Mar becomes a platform of multiple options in which everyone can make their dreams come true.
Business and Commerce
- First satellite campus for Universidad de Los Andes.
- Approximately 200.000 m2 of office space on the first floor, ideal for the development of both local and international businesses.
- Business opportunities and job creation in the numerous commerce locations, such as restaurants, banks, and hotels.
- Approximately 140,000 m^2 (about 1,506,947.5 ft^2) in commercial zones.
- Public recreation areas, cultural and entertainment spaces.
- Parks, children’s play areas and games, a beach club, marinas, golf courses, malls, pedestrian streets, and restaurants.
- Services for both marina and nautical recreation, 16 km (just under 10 miles) of navegable canals, and 1.62 km (a little over 1 mile) of beaches.
- 30 km (about 18.6 miles) of sidewalks to walk or run on.
- 35 km (about 21.7 miles) of bike lanes.
- 18 hole golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones II.
Health, a priotity
- Hospital with 409 beds and an area of approximately 70,0000 m2 (about 750,470 ft2). The hospital will be run by the Santa Fe Foundation of Bogotá in partnership with the Carlos and Sonia Haime Foundation.
- Urban infrastructure with large/expansive open spaces for the residents of the city.
- Promotion of sports through specially designed parks, marinas, sports clubs, bike paths and sidewalks.
- Day clinics for the neighboring communities through the Serena del Mar Foundation